MEPRO PHARMACEUTICALS PRIVATE LIMITED
- MPPL recognizes the importance of good corporate governance and corporate social responsibility in promoting and strengthening the trust of its shareholders and other stakeholders.
- The CSR Policy shall be guided by the Company’s corporate vision and the aspiration.
- The Company’s CSR Policy has been framed in accordance with Section 135 of the Companies Act 2013 and the rules framed thereunder. The Policy shall apply to all CSR programs undertaken/sponsored by the Company.
- To make a meaningful and measurable impact in the lives of underprivileged and vulnerable communities of the country by supporting initiatives aimed at creating conditions suitable for sustainable livelihood in these communities, reducing child mortality, improving maternal health, combating human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, malaria and other diseases; promotion of education.
- To undertake such other programmes / projects which will enhance the quality of life, economic well being of the society and supporting the underprivileged, to the family of martyrs, etc. in accordance with Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014
- We are committed to conducting our operations with integrity and respect, in the interest of our stakeholders, and in line with our Code of Business Principles.
- We believe growth and environmental sustainability need not be conflicting. Our business model is designed to deliver sustainable growth. The inputs to the model are our brands, our people and our operations. The outputs to the model are sustained growth, lower environmental impact and positive social impact.
- We collaborate and engage with different stakeholders including Governments, NGOs, Registered Societies, etc. which have an established track record of three years of undertaking such projects / programmes.
- The CSR Activity shall not include any activity undertaken by the Company in pursuance of the normal course of Business of a Company.
In accordance with Section 135(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 (the Act), MPPL is committed to spend at least 2% of its average net profits made during the three immediately preceding financial years in some of the identified activities that are listed in Schedule VII (as amended) to the Act.
We follow structured governance procedures to monitor CSR activities. Our CSR Policy is governed by the Board of Directors of the Company. Ensure that it specifies the reasons in its report for not spending the earmarked amount in case the Company does not spend such amount during the financial year. It will have the power to make any change(s) in the constitution of the CSR Committee.
Monitoring and Reporting Framework: The Company will institute a well-defined monitoring and evaluation mechanism to ensure that each CSR project has:
- Clear objectives developed out of societal needs that are determined through baselines studies and research.
- Precise targets, timelines and measurable parameters wherever possible.
- A progress monitoring and reporting framework aligned to the requirements of Section 135 of the Companies Act.
- The Company will establish an accounting system to ensure project-wise accounting of CSR spends.
- The Company will report on CSR performance in its annual report as per the structure and format prescribed in the notified CSR Rules.
The activities described in Annexure A appended hereto are covered under Schedule VII (as amended) of the Act that lists down permitted activities that constitute such activities. These activities undertaken by the Company are not expected to lead to any additional surplus beyond what would accrue to the Company in the course of normal operations. The Policy issued pursuant to the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Rules, 2014 has been recommended by the CSR Committee of the Board and adopted by the Board of Directors.
Our current CSR activities with their execution modalities and implementation schedules is appended below as Annexure A. The Company may take up other CSR activities as may be appropriate.
CSR Program Areas
MPPL will support programs and activities in the following areas.
|Key Thrust Areas||Activities|
|1. Promoting Health Care||
|3. Address Social Inequalities||
|5. Rural Development projects||
Validity of CSR policy
1. The Committee may amend the CSR Policy as may be required from time to time.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE COMMITTEE ON CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
- Size: Three directors.
- Duties of the CSR Committee
- (i) Formulating and recommending to the Board, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy of MPPL including the CSR Policy and its implementation.
- (ii) Formulating and recommending to the Board, the CSR activities to be undertaken by the Company either directly or through any other and determining the CSR projects / programmes which the Company plans to undertake during the year of implementation, specifying modalities of execution in the areas / sectors chosen and implementation schedules for the same.
- (iii) Recommending the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the CSR activities.
- (iV) Review and monitor the compliance of initiatives undertaken and evaluate performance of the activities against the agreed targets.
- (v) Conduct an impact-assessment of the various initiatives undertaken in terms of the CSR Policy at periodic intervals if applicable.
- (vi) Instituting a transparent monitoring mechanism for ensuring implementation of the projects / programmes / activities proposed to be undertaken.
- (vii) Reviewing and recommending the annual CSR report for the Board’s approval and for public disclosure.
- (viii) Performing such other duties with respect to CSR activities, as may be required to be done under any law, statute, rules, regulations etc. enacted by Government of India or by any other regulatory or statutory body.
- (i) The Committee shall meet as and when required.
- (ii) The quorum shall be two members